|Portia de Rossi|
|Date of Birth:||January 31, 1973|
|Birth Place:||Geelong, Victoria Australia|
|Full Name:||Portia Lee James DeGeneres|
|First appearance:||"Randy, Red, Superfreak and Julia"|
|Final appearance:||"Trojan Horse"|
Portia Lee James DeGeneres (born Amanda Lee Rogers; January 31, 1973), also known professionally as Portia de Rossi, is an Australian and American actress, model, and philanthropist. She is known for her roles as lawyer Nelle Porter on the American television series Ally McBeal—for which she won a Screen Actors Guild Award in 1999—and as Lindsay Fünke on the American television sitcom Arrested Development. She also portrayed Veronica Palmer on the ABC television sitcom Better Off Ted, and Olivia Lord on the television drama Nip/Tuck. De Rossi is married to comedian and television host Ellen DeGeneres.
Portia de Rossi has had a widely varied career, captivating audiences in both television and film. In addition to starring as Elizabeth North on Scandal, De Rossi most recently starred in the return of the cult classic show, “Arrested Development,” which aired on Netflix in May 2013. She reprised her role as ‘Lindsay Bluth Funke’ in the critically acclaimed and Emmy Award-winning comedy. De Rossi released her memoir, Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain, in November 2010 with Atria Books. Her book debuted on the New York Times Bestseller List at No. 3 and was on the list for five weeks.
De Rossi previously starred on ABC’s comedy, “Better Off Ted” as ‘Veronica Palmer.’ She also previously starred as the enigmatic lawyer ‘Nelle Porter’ on FOX’s widely successful show, “Ally McBeal.” De Rossi also starred as a series regular in the fifth season of the popular FX original drama series “Nip/Tuck” as ‘Olivia Lord,’ a holistic medicine practitioner who has problematic relationships with both her girlfriend, Julia, and her out-of-control daughter. De Rossi received her first acting break in the feature film “Sirens,” starring opposite Hugh Grant, Sam Neil and Elle Macpherson, and went on to become an international and critical success.
De Rossi also co-starred alongside Richard Dreyfuss and Tim Allen in “Who Is Cletis Tout?,” as well as Dennis Hopper and Melanie Griffith in “The Night We Called It A Day.” Some of De Rossi’s other film credits Include “I Witness,” “Scream 2,” “Stigmata,” “Women In Film,” and “The Invisibles.” In 2002, she starred in the television movie “America’s Prince: The John F. Kennedy Jr.Story,” in which she portrayed Carolyn Bessette Kennedy.
- → See and enjoy 302 pictures of Portia de Rossi at Images of Portia de Rossi.
Portia de Rossi and Ellen DeGeneres
Portia’s - Behind the Scenes Photos
- → Watch more videos of Portia de Rossi at Category:Videos of Portia de Rossi.
- Portia's Horse Fuzzy  was in the Season Four episode "The Last Supper". Elizabeth North was riding the horse when Olivia Pope & Associates were investigating her bugged phone.
- Portia left the show because she found a great business opportunity she wanted to pursue which is not acting career but art. 
Click on any or all of the links below to view more information about Portia de Rossi and a full filmography.
- Portia de Rossi on The Ellen Show
- Tough Questions Full Version on Facebook - The Ellen Show
- Portia de Rossi on Zimbio
- Portia de Rossi Dishes On the Scandalous Drama From Hit Show 'Scandal' - Good Morning America
- Episode 413 "Lizzie Bear Revealed” - Shondaland: Revealed